NOWA is a society of professional outdoor communicators – magazine and newspaperwriters, book authors, editors, photographers, radio and television broadcasters, videographers, illustrators, and artists – dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in outdoor journalism.
Our subjects of interest not only include fishing and hunting, but boating, camping, hiking, wildlife viewing, and all other activities that focus on the enjoyment of the outdoors.
In addition, our members are increasingly involved in environmental issues and the preservation of wildlife habitat and wilderness areas.
Join us for our annual spring conference this year held in Choteau, Montana April 26-29, 2018. For more information click here.
Goals of NOWA
- Further the improvement and ethical development of professional communications skills.
- Provide a network of professional assistance and support for all members.
- Keep members informed of news and information pertinent to outdoor activities and industries.
- Support the conservation of natural and recreational resources of the Pacific Northwest.
- Publication of the monthly NOWA Newsletter and annual Membership Directory.
- Organization of an annual Excellence in Craft Contest to reward and showcase the work of NOWA members.
- Presentation of Craft Improvement Seminars during the Annual Conference.
- Scheduling of outdoor educational and public relations events.
- Organization of outdoor rendezvous and trips to various locations around the Northwest.
The NOWA newsletter FIELD NOTES is published 10 times a year by the Northwest Outdoor Writers Association, a registered Washington non-profit, tax-exempt, public supported Corporation. It is recognized by the IRS as a non-profit organization under IRS 501(c)(3) Code.
Contributions to the NOWA newsletter in the form of feature articles, news items, letters to the editor, etc. are always welcome. Manuscripts should be submitted via email to Adela Jackson, executivedirector@NWoutdoorwriters.org. Include photographs whenever possible. Deadline is the 20th of the month preceding the month of publication.
NOWA represents a broad geographical area of the northwestern United States and western Canada covering Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon Territory and the Northwest Territories.
Executive Director: Adela Jackson
Website updates email: executivedirector@NWoutdoorwriters.org
Mail: NOWA Headquarters, PO Box 82222, Fairbanks, AK 99708